The truth is, I had plenty of help to make breastfeeding a breeze for me. It sure is one of the most wonderful experience for a mother. But frankly, nursing is painful, out of my comfort zone and is often a challenge for me. Good thing a friend suggested that I use nursing cups to make it better and enjoyable.
However, I bet most of the mothers out there feels the same way as I did. Find out why nursing cups are useful and know which among many would suit you best.
Stay with me.
Are you familiar with nursing cups?
Compared to nursing pads that you are aware of, nursing cups are a lot convenient and useful in many ways. Nursing cups are also called breast shells, breast shields, and milk cups are practical breastfeeding aids to solve leaking all day. Place the cups inside the bra like the traditional nursing pads.
Instead of absorbing it like what pads do, it catches and stores milk so that you can feed it to your baby later.
The advantages of using nursing cups:
You should take note of the benefits a nursing cup can do when you’re breastfeeding. It gave me the comfort and convenience that I need on crucial days. Here are some reasons why I recommend this to you.
- It catches your milk during heavy letdowns and saves it for later. You can use it anytime and anywhere.
- It saves you time for breast pump since you have additional stock of milk. The more milk, the fewer expenses.
- Nursing cups catches and holds the milk safely, so it prevents your shirt from getting wet. No more wet and stained shirts mean goodbye to embarrassing moments.
- Enables baby to latch on quickly. Nursing cups provide relief to swollen and engorged breasts. Aside from applying nipple creams, it is better to prevent it from occurring.
- Keeps the nipples from sticking into the nursing pads or bras. Nursing cups are reusable, durable and cost-effective.
- A remedy for nipple pain and corrects inverted nipple.